If you want to play for real money, we recommend Dunder!
Punto Banco is an American variation of the famous Baccarat game in which the dealer works exclusively with an eight-deck shoe. It is a popular game that depends purely on chance to win. The objective of Punto Banco is to bet on the likelihood of either the banker or a player getting a score as close to 9 as possible. The totals of each hand are calculated by summing up the values of cards held. Cards numbered 1-9 correspond to their face value in points while the king, queen, jack and the number 10 have zero points. If the total sum of the cards in hand exceeds 9, then the value is reduced by 10 and the outcome is taken as the total.
A maximum of twelve players can participate in a game at a time. The casino is designated as the banker while the highest bidder is considered the player. Players also have the option of betting on a tie between the banker and the player. The cards are first dealt face-down. They are then turned over and the caller counts the points secured by each player. If any player gets 8 or 9 points in the first round, they are declared the winner and no more cards are dealt. A player who gets between 0 and 5 points is allowed another hit. If a player gets anything above that range, then they are required to stand.
The highest payoff comes from betting on a tie between the banker and the house with an 8:1 percentage. Betting on the player’s game yields a 1:1 payoff while betting on the banker yields a 5% deduction because in most cases the house always wins.
Punto Banco is a close relative of the popular baccarat game. This is a game of odds between the banker and the player. In this game, there are fixed rules and cards are dealt according to them. The main objective of the game is to bet on whose hand; the player or banker will be closest to the number 9. There are three bets available; the banker’s, the player’s or a tie between banker and player. Punto banco is extremely popular because it is very easy to play and even a beginner can learn the rules and begin enjoying the game without much hassle.
Players. The game is played on an oval table involving a croupier or dealer and the players. A maximum of twelve players can participate in a single Punto Banco game session. Only the players seated at the table are allowed to place their bets. One a bet is placed; you cannot change your decision.
Card values. The game is played with a standard deck of cards, including the face cards as well as the suit cards. Aces are worth one point. The cards numbered 2 to 9 are worth their face value. Tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings are each worth zero points.
Playing. Once all bets have been placed, the cards are first dealt face-down to the players and lastly the banker. This is done again for two cards each in the first round. The cards are then turned face-up and the dealer counts the points and announces the totals garnered by each player. If anyone has a total of 8 or 9 in the first round, no more cards are dealt to players and the highest scorer wins the game.
If no one has a total of 8 or 9, the game continues. If any player has a score of 0 to 5, then they will draw one more card. If you get a score of between 6 and 7 then you have to stand. The banker draws according to his hand or if the player drew. If the banker has a score of 0-2 then he will always draw. If he has a score of 3 he will draw against players with 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 9.
Payment. Punto banco has one of the lowest house advantages among most casino games. The banker pays a 5% commission to the house on all winning bets. The player or Punto attracts a house edge of just 1.24% while the Banco or banker has an advantage of 1.06%. On the event that you bet on a tie, you attract the highest house advantage of 14.44 %. It is unwise to bet on a tie because this is rarely ever the outcome in a game.
This game attracts many players due to its special mystique. It is regarded as a game for high rollers, but any one can enjoy playing it. Many casinos set aside exceptional rooms for Punto Banco games. There are also floor supervisors to keep an eye on the games and the many dealers having fun.
Punto banco is a game which both beginners and experts have a broad chance of winning. Most novices find it is quite easy to learn the game as most online casinos provide you with helpful tips as you play. Once you understand the basics, establishing your own strategy will make the game quite easy and enjoyable and in no time, winning will be a routine. The basics of this game are that you are required to score as close as possible to the number 9. You have three options to bid on; the banker, the player or tie. Let’s have a look at some of the strategies you can employ to ensure a win.
- In order to win, you must understand the way the game works. Most players are against betting on the banker because they view it as betting against themselves. However, you should remember that in Punto Banco, the winner is the person who bets on the winning hand and not the one who plays.
- It is often better to bet on either the player or the banker. In most cases the odds are always in favor of the two, considering that they provide even odds. Betting on a tie rarely yields a win. The most common winner is the banker because of the third card rule.
- Spot a pattern. Spotting a pattern is often helpful in learning your opponent’s strategy. This will make it easier for you to effectively implement your winning strategy. You may observe and record the winnings and losses of opponents with a hope of spotting a pattern. You can then adjust your strategy to combat your opponents appropriately.
- It is important to note that no hand is a winning or losing in this game. This ensures that the game retains a bit of suspense and makes it all the more enjoyable.
- Bet on the hand that previously won. Streaks are a common occurrence in Punto Banco and this strategy may increase your chances of a win.
- Use the evens chance gambling system to raise your stakes. This system involves betting your winnings in a 1-3-2-4 series. In this system, bet 1 is 1 unit, 2 is 3 units, bet 3 is 2 units and bet 4 is 4 units. If you lose, revert back to bet 1. The advantage of this system is that you risk a low number of units with a chance of winning a higher number.
- You can reduce the house advantage by looking for games with smaller vigorish (casino’s commission). This will increase our earnings when you bet on the banker.
Using Punto banco strategy will make the game more fun and help you win. It is easy to learn as long as you are interested. You can increase excitement by playing the game using betting systems. You can also take advantage of any available bonuses to enhance your playing experience. The more you play, the more you become an expert. This is the main way to increase your chances of winning.